We are pleased to introduce Harvest Fresh Farms, ideal for Farm stay and Day trips. Tucked away in the verdant Cumbum valley, at Lower Camp, just a 15 min drive from Thekkady. Our Certified Organic fruit farm has a cozy cottage for that serves as a getaway for families. Day trips are also welcomed, where visitors to the farm can take a bullock cart ride, learn about organic farming, feed the farm animals, enjoy commanding views of the valley flanked by mountains and enjoy a sumptuous meal prepared from the freshest local and organic produce. The farm stay has three well appointed rooms fitted with modern amenities, a separate living room with kitchen attached.
Farm Visit without meal - Rs. 200.00 Per pax
Farm Visit with lunch/dinner - Rs. 850.00(per Pax) above 5 pax
Farm visit with lunch/dinner - Rs. 1000.00 (per Pax) 1 to 5 pax
Children under age group 6-12 will be charged 50% and below six years is free of cost. (With Meal)
We also offer bullock cart ride on request at the rate of Rs. 1500.00/ Bullock cart (4 Seater) and also a tractor ride (10 Seater) at the rate of Rs. 1500.00(per hour).(Optional )
Activities near the farm
- Farmers market at Cumbum – 15 mins - visit Cumbum market between 5:30am and 11 am. Watch farmers bring in their freshly harvested produce and sell them at government regulated prices
- Suruli falls – ½ hour – trek up a steep but short climb to the Suruli falls, a stream that passes through 9 kms of herbal forest to cascade gently over rocks.
- Valley drive – 45mins – take a drive around the Cumbum valley to see farms growing a variety of produce from vegetables, tomatoes and onions to pomegranates, grapes and mangoes.
- Temple visit – There are a few temples in the area that are over a thousand years old and still operational. Some hewn out of rock and other built with carved rocks.
- Wholesale farmers market – 15 mins – A market where loads of produce are loaded on trucks and sold off to markets across the state borders in Kerala & other neighbouring states. There is no goevernmental supervision and hectic bargaining activity can be seen.
- Lord Pennycuick Memorial – 10 mins – a memorial dedicated to Lord Pennycuick who was instrumental in providing water to irrigated the otherwise dry & barren lands of the Cumbum valley. He occupys the status of a hero in these parts.
- Kumily Town – 20 mins- indulge in retail therapy at the quaint Kumily town, buy spices, essential oils, tea and other local produce.
Activities at Thekkady
- Visit Thekkady and enjoy the boat ride around the wildlife scenery through the Periyar Lake
- Elephant ride